Because I've been off work and that Christmas holiday period I've got more recommendations than usual this week.
- Making a Murderer - just like everyone else in the world
- And Then There Were None - it was on between Christmas and New Year and I was particularly impressed by Aidan Turner's outfit in episode 2
- War and Peace - not sure about this version so far but we'll see
- Star Wars - loved it. Especially Oscar Isaac's hair and that lip bite...
- The Revenant - all the bad things happening in lovely looking dangerous places
- Love is Strange - beautiful film which is on Netflix now
- Dear White People - also on Netflix now, interesting and funny
- The Finkler Question - it won the Booker in 2010 and some of the language use is good but the topic and characters felt odd and unrelatable (for me at least)
- The Master Magician - third and final book in the Paper Magician series. The first is the best one but they are easy and fun reads - also what other book mentions Waterlooville?!
- Johnny Flynn - A Larum is one of my favourite albums so I've been revisiting that and some of his other stuff after seeing him in Hangmen (which he was brilliant in)
- Bombay Bicycle Club - I haven't been going for new songs much over the last few weeks, always nice to listen to your favourite band and these are probably mine