The Night Manager



I started to read The Night Manager right before the BBC TV series started and managed to keep ahead of it luckily!

The book has a lot more going on in it, Pine's relationship to Sophie much more of a focus than it is in the series (which still packs a lot in) and, rather like Bond, he encounters more women in more countries. Trimming this down is a good thing but does make his trip to Roper look pretty easy. The book doesn't end 100% closed and happy but I like that and this is John le Carre after all. It's a good read but The Spy Who Came in from the Cold is still my favourite.

I'm looking forward to seeing what the TV version does with the rest of the book - I LOVE that they have Olivia Coleman as Burr! - and of course Hiddleston is always a reason for watching something.



Oh High Rise not long now...

Comments