Cardamom and rose water cupcakes


There's a bake sale at work tomorrow so I've made these cupcakes! I had a practise go at the weekend because I wasn't sure how much cardamom to use but they've turned out pretty damn good even if I do say so myself!

Ingredients

Makes 12
175g each of butter, self-raising flour, caster sugar (I like golden)
1/2tsp baking powder
3 eggs
Seeds from 7-8 cardamom pods ground (I used a pestle and mortar)

For the icing

No quantities because I just add bits until it looks and tastes right..
Pink food colouring paste
Icing sugar
Water
Pistachios - roughly chopped
Rose water (just a couple of drops - this stuff is strong)



Method

Preheat oven to 180 degrees
Mix main ingredients
Distribute evenly in 12 cupcake cases
Bake in oven for 20-25 mins
Cool on rack
Mix icing ingredients to your preference
Finish with pistachios!


Comments