I make a lot of stuff and for a while I had a much neglected Etsy shop, now I want to build it up again and I thought I'd start keeping a log of what I'm doing each week.
Step one: What and why
I like making and I love it when people like what I have made for them. I want to upgrade my hobby so that more people get to see and have the things I make. I also want to be part of a creative community.
Step two: Inventory
What do I already have could be useful:
- Etsy shop
- Friends & family
- Social media
- Internet in general
- Sew in labels
- Existing patterns and ideas for patterns
Step three: Research
I have a rough plan below of things I need to look into:
- I've a whole Pinterest board full of links to advice
- I have a bunch of books
- I've subscribed to some craft podcasts
- I need to talk to friends and family about what I've made that they like most
- Look at blog and social media stats to see what I've made that has been most popular
- Join local networks and talk to other crafters
If any of you have any suggestions, comments, just general help that would be amazing!
I may have also jumped ahead about 30 steps this week and ordered some business cards... I'll share them when they arrive.