Lace and Moss Cowl


I made this cowl earlier in the month and have worn it lot's lately in the cold weather we've been having.

It's really warm and cosy and can't look too bad as my mum's asked for one in blue. I adapted the Lace and Moss stitch from Harmony Guides Lace and Eyelets book to get the pattern.

Rough pattern 
Cast on 53 two knit stitches at the beginning and end of each row for boarder

6 rows moss stitch followed by
1. K1, *yfon, sl 1, k1, psso, k3, k2tog, yfon, k1 rep from * to end of non boarder
2. and every alt row purl non boarder stitches
3. *K2, yfon, sl 1, k1, psso, k1, k2tog, yfon, k1 rep from * to last non boarder stitch, k1
5. *K3, yfon, sl 1, k2tog, psso, yfon, k2 rep from * to last non boarder stitch, k1
6. Purl

Repeat 12 rows until you get your desired length (I did 15) and then join your ends.


The wool is a heather/dark-blue-purple colour aran weight and I used 5mm needles.

Comments