13 for 2013: Weight

via

I think I'm going to tackle these a month at a time starting with this one! Starting with the most stereotypical girl resolution in the world.

When I started uni I lost a lot of weight, I then lost more in my final year when I got glandular fever. You hear a lot about people putting weight on around that time but I found I have more time to exercise, I went to the gym, walked everywhere and danced more than I drank. Since graduating and starting work I have put on a fair amount of weight. This last year I've lost a bit of it but I'm not where I'd like to be yet. I'm going to be a bridesmaid in August so I'd like to be a bit closer by then.

My main methods have been/will be:

  • Gym 3 times a week - mix of classes (the instructors push me more than I would myself)
  • Calorie counter - I use the My Fitness Pal app on my phone, they also have a website. A few of my friends are on it too which helps

I'm also going to try to cook more and drink less alcohol... we'll see how that goes.


Comments