When good decisions feel bad


When I moved I thought every little about other people. I'd been single for a while, I was moving only an hour ish away from my family and friends and my flat was the main thing I was worried about. With my flat let there didn't seem to be much more to worry about.

As you'll know if you know me in real life, the last month and a half have been some of the hardest for my family. Two people very important to me left us and while I've been able to come back to say goodbye, it doesn't make it any easier to hear people you care about suffer and not be directly able to help or give a hug. It's the first time I've been unsure about my choice to move.

It's also been strange relaying stories about loved ones to people I've only known a few months. Yes my close old friends have all been amazing - understanding my tendancy to withdraw for a while and being there when I'm ready to talk - I've just also been suprised by how quickly you can create ties with people. It's hard to make new friends when you get older, you don't have the same shared history for starters, but it's still worth doing. 

Right now I'm looking forward to a long bank holiday at my parents catching up with friends and family.

Photo's by me taken at The Vyne

Comments