Moving

Neighbours cat outside my current flat

So I'm turning 27 in a couple of weeks, meaning I'm (arguably) entering my late 20's. It's also my last day at Wiley, a company I've worked for since I graduated over 5 and a half years ago. The last couple of weeks have been full of the realities of getting an awesome new job:

  • I've handed in my notice
  • Started working on handover documents for my replacement (not great terminology)
  • Putting things into storage at my parents
  • Sorted renting my flat (little bro is moving in)
  • Arranged leaving do's
  • and lastly... found somewhere to live!
I'm moving to Wimbledon. Why Wimbledon? Basically my friend Roisin suggested it because it's close to the city and close to where she lives. But looking into it after it's pretty perfect. It's got stuff going on, but not too much. There don't seem to be that many students, the transport links are great, it's not horrendously expensive and I don't feel any more likely to get stabbed than I do where I live now. It's also only an hour a way from family and friends down south (for when I make them visit).

The problem with room hunting is similar to the stereotypical problems with personal ads and online dating (heck maybe with life itself): People Lie. A double room, does not always mean a double room. Live out landlord might also be a half truth. However fourth time lucky and I've  found what looks like a great flat share in a prime location living with three other girls who seem lovely :)

I am going to miss my flat though.

...and again


P.S. I have real issues with the Wombles theme song - the line break makes it sounds like there's a comma in the wrong place...

Comments