BOOks


Challenge completed! Is there a better phrase?
In 2011 I set myself the goal to read a book a week and I gave 115% and read 60. 60 BOOKS! How'd that happen! Well in all honesty some of those were graphic novels... but they still count I think. I also have a 30 min each way commute on the train and read pretty much every night.

I work in publishing, but luckily not fiction books. I struggled during (and just after) my degree reading for fun. It started to feel like work rather than the insightful escapism that it had been before. I think if it was part of my job that would still be an issue. Now, however, I'm all about the escapism!

Any of you seen this on Pinterest?
here
Robert Pattinson Quote : "If you find a girl who reads, keep her close. When you find her up at 2 AM clutching a book to her chest and weeping, make her a cup of tea and hold her. You may lose her for a couple of hours but she will always come back to you. She’ll talk as if the characters in the book are real, because for a while, they always are. Date a girl who reads because you deserve it. You deserve a girl who can give you the most colorful life imaginable. If you can only give her monotony, and stale hours and half-baked proposals, then you’re better off alone. If you want the world and the worlds beyond it, date a girl who reads."

Here are my 5* books from 2011 (most recent first):

  • French Milk; Lucy Knisley
  • A Storm of Swords; George R. R. Martin
  • An Abundance of Katherines; John Green
  • The Spy Who Came in From the Cold; John Le Carre
  • The Knife of Never Letting Go; Patrick Ness
  • A Game of Thrones; George R. R. Martin
  • Paper Towns; John Green
  • The Help; Kathryn Stockett
  • The Handmaids Tale; Maragret Atwood
  • Room; Emma Donoghue
  • Water for Elephants; Sara Gruen 
This year I'm going to try for 65 books ... Challenge Accepted! If you're on Goodreads too you can find me over here.

here

Comments