Challenge completed! Is there a better phrase?
In 2011 I set myself the goal to read a book a week and I gave 115% and read 60. 60 BOOKS! How'd that happen! Well in all honesty some of those were graphic novels... but they still count I think. I also have a 30 min each way commute on the train and read pretty much every night.
I work in publishing, but luckily not fiction books. I struggled during (and just after) my degree reading for fun. It started to feel like work rather than the insightful escapism that it had been before. I think if it was part of my job that would still be an issue. Now, however, I'm all about the escapism!
Any of you seen this on Pinterest?
Here are my 5* books from 2011 (most recent first):
- French Milk; Lucy Knisley
- A Storm of Swords; George R. R. Martin
- An Abundance of Katherines; John Green
- The Spy Who Came in From the Cold; John Le Carre
- The Knife of Never Letting Go; Patrick Ness
- A Game of Thrones; George R. R. Martin
- Paper Towns; John Green
- The Help; Kathryn Stockett
- The Handmaids Tale; Maragret Atwood
- Room; Emma Donoghue
- Water for Elephants; Sara Gruen