Scroobius Pip

Last week I went with a couple of friends to see Scroobius Pip. I really like his stuff with Dan le Sac and while I enjoyed the solo album I'd only really listened to it twice...

The set was made up of the new album plus some pre le Sac songs and some of the songs I'd been unsure of on the album really came into their own performed live (something to be expected from a performance poet!). Pip told us all he was feeling a little tired and so would only be at 100% rather than his 120%. I'm not sure if this was true as even the banter was cranked up to 11. He chatted to the audience between numbers about x factor, hats, previous visits to Portsmouth and the origins of songs, swigging from a bottle of wine.






With Dan le Sac (not played at the gig I was at):

btw - is that Example in the video at 1.11?

Comments